Integration without status - challenges and perspectives
Hungarian Culture Foundation 1014 Budapest Szentháromság tér 6
Det ungerska Equal-utvecklingspartnerskapet Individually through EQUAL Chances - N.E.E.D.S inbjuder till konferensen Integration without status - challenges and perspectives den 22-23 november.
”Highlights of the lectures:
- Integration from below and above: Life experiences and institutional responses András Kováts, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Institute of Ethnic and National Minorities
- The EQUAL program and the potential of a common European asylum policy Christian Rabergh, European Thematic Group on Asylum Seekers, Sweden
- Opportunities of asylum seekers and refugees on the Hungarian labour market
- The legal and policy framework of labour market integration- International comparative research
- European outlook- Equal projects on labour market integration of asylum seekers
A selection of our roundtable discussions:
- Prospects of asylum seekers and refugees for social integration dr. Ágnes Garamvölgyi, Office of Immigration and Nationality, Ministry of Justice and Law Enforcement, Refugee Affairs Directorate, Márta Pardavi, Hungarian Helsinki Committee, András Kováts, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Institute of Ethnic and National Minorities
- Inclusion and xenophobia Endre Sik, TÁRKI, János Győri ELTE Centre of Intercultural Psychology and Pedagogy, Irén Gödri, Demographic Research Institute
- "I have integrated Hungarian society" - accounts by refugees settled in Hungary about their integration process
- Activities of labour offices to enhance the employment of asylum seekers- potentials and drawbacks
- To profit from diversity- how to use diversity as a resource at the workplace?
All are welcome. Please, note that registration is necessary for participation in the conference. Registration forms shall be returned by November 8, 2006 either via email (email@example.com) or via fax (+36-1 413 65 17).
Participation in the conference is free of charge.”